You are here
- Plaintext email only
- Member for
- 2 years 7 months
Vicki is a principal lawyer in the Family team. Since qualifying as a solicitor with the firm 10 years ago she has acted for a wide range of clients based nationally and internationally.
Vicki specialises in all aspects of family law with a particular focus on complex financial cases and those involving business interests. She advises on all of the following areas:
- financial matters on divorce and civil partnership dissolution
- pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- disputes involving arrangements for children
- financial provision for children
- emergency protection orders
- cohabitee disputes
Vicki is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in high net worth divorces and children cases.
Vicki is a trained Collaborative Lawyer.
Best career moment: Proving the existence of an offshore account containing in excess of £250,000 having pieced together a paper trail going back over 15 years which increased my client’s claims by more than 100%.
Notable cases include:
- a matter involving assets in excess of £7.5m, including a Jersey trust in respect of which there were Mareva freezing proceedings
- a financial settlement on divorce under which the wife’s interest in the business was dealt with by way of share buy-back
- a case where the main asset was a SIPP containing £4m
- obtaining a decree of nullity for a young woman who had married under duress which declared the marriage to have never existed
- securing permission for a father to move to America with his children
Vicki lectures regularly to the legal profession and is an author for the Law Society and LexisNexis. She has articles published regularly in magazines and professional journals on family law issues.
Vicki has been interviewed on national and local radio on matters of family law, most recently appearing on the Five Live Breakfast show and is quoted in the press/internet on such topics.
Vicki is a member of Resolution, a national organisation of family lawyers, and sits on their Publications Committee.
She is also a member of Separation Solutions, the Manchester collaborative law group.