You are here
- Plaintext email only
- Member for
- 2 months 3 weeks
Kit is a Partner in Dispute Resolution where he is an expert in contract and negligence claims including claims for professional negligence, sports law and civil litigation generally.
Supporting investors in Eclipse 35 and similar film partnership schemes
Kit and his team are currently helping investors involved in the Eclipse 35 film partnership scheme.
Kit's clients range from midsized plcs and other corporates to high profile entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals.
Over the last couple of years Kit has been involved in sports litigation representing the management of one of the most prominent Premier League footballers in the country, Manchester United, and two of the principle suppliers of goods and replica shirts to premiership and championship clubs.
Kit is nationally recognised as a Leader in the Field and is regarded as a“Band 1” lawyer in both Chambers UK Guide and Legal 500. Chambers UK Guide 2011 described Kit as “one of the best commercial litigators in the region” and highlights his “gravitas, tough negotiation skills and dogged determination”.
Best career moment: It is difficult to pick out any one particular case as I have been fortunate in dealing with a lot of interesting and complex cases.
One of the most satisfying was a case in which I was acting for a leading cosmetics company which alleged that it had been defrauded of very substantial sums indeed by certain directors and shareholders. We identified that the funds in question had been transferred out of the jurisdiction through Jersey into Cayman Islands and back again into concealed assets via Guernsey.
The action involved Norwich Pharmacal and freezing order proceedings in Guernsey, Jersey and Cayman Islands.
The opposition responded by commencing “oppressed shareholder” proceedings against the directors and shareholders whom I represented. The matter was settled just prior to a seven week trial. The speed at which matters progressed, the substantial amounts involved and delivering the victory for the client was a fantastic experience.
Notable cases include:
- acting for a Panamanian Foundation in US$900m claim against Qatari trading group
- acting for a national property company in a successful judicial review against Liverpool City Council
- acting for the Claimant in an international fraud claim involving proceedings in England together with freezing order proceedings in Guernsey, Jersey and Cayman Islands
- representing a leading football management company in a claim with the player’s former representatives
- acting for numerous brewers and financial institutions in bringing claims against surveyors for allegedly negligent valuations
Kit qualified in 1979 and became a partner in 1985.