Our multi-lingual international property team advise on all aspects of buying and selling property abroad.
This includes France and Spain inheritance laws/tax, cross-border estate planning, wills and codicils, property transfers on divorce and obtaining an NIE number for Spain.
"I would like to thank you and your team for making the whole experience of purchasing my property in France a pleasure and a remarkably stress free experience. I would certainly use the services again and would not hesitate in recommending you to friends and colleagues in the future." S Kelly, Surrey
Whilst it may not be a legal requirement to instruct UK solicitors, investing a fraction of the purchase cost or property value in specialist advice will help you avoid pitfalls and provide peace of mind in the knowledge that your interests are protected.
We know the French and Spanish conveyancing systems and inheritance laws inside out. Our experience and language skills will ensure your transaction runs as smoothly as possible and with minimal fuss.
You will benefit from:
- a complete conveyancing service (together with a local lawyer based in France or Spain notaire/notario)
- thorough examination of contracts and / or other legal documents, explaining their implications and advising on the best way to proceed
- complete guidance to inheritance law / tax and transfer of estates
- tax planning including capital gains tax
- practical advice on issues such as transfer of funds, third party contracts, life and property insurance and obtaining Spanish ID (NIE) numbers
- drafting documents including certificates of law
- expertise in dealing with foreign powers of attorney, and, in-house, a notary public and a Spanish abogado
International property lawyers
To arrange a discussion with an international property specialist contact us on 0800 840 4929. We are available to take your call twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.