We charge on an hourly rate, the level of which will depend on the experience of the solicitor who is advising you.
We have a broad range of expertise, so we can build our service to match your specific needs and budget. Whatever your family law issue, we will be upfront and open about all the costs involved, so you can make informed decisions throughout your case. We also offer a fixed online divorce service which can give certainty on costs in suitable cases.
There are a number of ways you can fund your case:
- litigation loan – we will assist a third party funder to assess the likely outcome of your case. They may agree to provide a loan based on our view, which is then repaid when you receive your final settlement
- maintenance payment pending divorce – in certain financial circumstances you can apply for a court order that your spouse or civil partner makes regular payments until your divorce is concluded to assist you in your costs
- personal funding –if you are likely to receive a settlement, you could consider applying for a personal loan, credit card or overdraft to cover costs.
Alternatives to court
In the majority of cases, agreements can be reached without the need for costly and stressful court battles. You can opt for a number of different alternatives, such as:
- negotiation through solicitors – perhaps the most common, traditional method.
- mediation – a trained mediator will assist you and your partner to reach an agreement through a series of mediation sessions
- DIY – where you negotiate an agreement between yourselves, which is then made into an order of the court to ensure it is legally binding
- collaborative law – trained collaborative law solicitors resolve your case through a series of ‘four way’ meetings which are attended by all parties
Changing your solicitor
Changing your solicitor is usually a quick and straightforward process, providing there is not an imminent court hearing and your fees are paid up to date.
We can help
If you have a family law issue you need help with, contact us today on 0800 840 4929 to arrange a consultation.
Call us free on:
0800 0384 384
122, 402, 403, 404, 407, 405, 408, 406, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414, 416, 417, 418, 92, 441, 429, 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 445, 444Legal Service:Weight:13
122, 402, 403, 404, 407, 405, 408, 406, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414, 416, 417, 418, 92, 441, 429, 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 445, 444Legal Service:Weight:2