Although primarily commercially based, we advise individual clients of the firm and estates in relation to all contentious trust and contentious probate matters.
Given our substantial private client base, we have amassed considerable and unrivalled expertise in the North of England and can provide clients with succinct, cost-effective advice, working with colleagues in our Trust and Estate Planning department to ensure our clients receive the full range of expertise available in the firm which might be required by the particular circumstances of their dispute.
We understand that when people become embroiled in disputes involving wills or other inheritance issues, these matters are often very emotional and difficult. We are always aware of the nature of the work we are dealing with and advise our clients in a professional, empathetic and sensitive manner at all times.
Our experience in relation to disputed wills, contested probate and inheritance disputes includes:
- acting for various parties in a wide variety of claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, on estates of all sizes
- acting in contentious probate matters, where wills have been disputed on ground of lack of testamentary capacity, undue influence, proprietary estoppel and others
- actions to determine the correct interpretation of badly-drafted wills
- disputes between cohabitees of property
- rectification of trust deeds
- professional negligence claims arising from all aspects of Wills and probate.
To arrange an appointment please contact us on 0800 840 4929.
Call us free on:
0800 0384 384