- Agency Services
- Banking Litigation
- Claims Against Financial Advisors
- Cohabitee Property Disputes
- Commercial Agency Disputes
- Commercial Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Corporate Claims
- Estate Disputes
- Franchise Disputes
- Funding Options for Litigation
- Insurance Disputes
- International Disputes
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- IT and Software Disputes
- Judicial Review
- Partnership & LLP Disputes
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Public Sector & Procurement
- Real Estate Litigation
- Restrictive Covenants
- Search Order & Supervising Solicitors
- Shareholder Disputes
- Tax Disputes
- Third Party Funding
- Case Studies
- What Our Clients Say About Us
- What Others Say About Us
- Useful Links
The Banking Litigation team at Pannone specialises in advising a variety of lenders, financial institutions and corporate borrowers in relation to all types of disputes.
- substantial commercial and lending based disputes
- recoveries work
- insolvency-related advice
- professional negligence disputes against valuers, surveyors and the like.
Our team also has expertise in international banking and trade finance including documentary letters of credit.
We understand the nature and mechanics of the financial transactions which are the subject matter of the disputes we deal with and regularly work with our non-contentious Banking team. This allows us to maintain and build on our knowledge base and therefore provide the highest and most comprehensive level of service to our clients. Our banking and financial clients include some of the largest national and international banks and building societies.
The Banking Litigation team has specialist expertise in the key methods of protection and recovery in this sector, including injunctive relief and asset tracing.
Recent cases have involved:
- acting for a major UK bank in connection with a multi-party and multi-million pound claim by a former customer. The allegations included breach of confidence and breach of fiduciary duty against a former employee of the bank
- acting for a major UK bank in a substantial and complex claim for the recovery of corporate lending secured by directors' guarantees. The claim raises questions about banking duties, the status of legal charges, collateral contracts and estoppel
- acting for a merchant against a major UK bank which had withheld monies in the merchant's account. This is a multi-million pound claim involving restitutionary claims and issues relating to unjust enrichment and penalty clauses
- acting for an individual against a major UK bank in relation to banking references provided without the customer's consent. This is now a leading authority on a bank's duty of confidence.
To arrange an appointment with a solicitor in our Dispute Resolution team, please fill out our enquiry form or call us on 0800 840 4929.
0800 840 4929