Joanne is a Partner within the Serious Injury team and specialises in serious personal injury cases, such as:
• head and spinal injury claims
• fatal accident claims
• cases involving multiple injuries
• psychological injuries including post-traumatic stress disorder
• abuse claims
• Criminal Injuries Compensation cases
• Motor Insurers Bureau claims
She has a particular interest in brain injury cases and has worked on multi million pound settlements. Joanne can deal with all aspects of complex cases, with notable experience in liability issues, care issues, periodical payments and provisional damages.
Joanne qualified as a solicitor in September 2002 and became a partner in 2008.
Best career moment:
My career highlight to date was securing a six figure settlement at a joint settlement meeting for an elderly Claimant with significant pre existing disabilities following an RTA which left him with increased cognitive problems. The strength of our witness evidence and medical evidence, which was carefully gathered, helped us to show a decline in function following the accident, and this enabled an excellent outcome. The settlement enabled the claimant aided by his Deputy, Case Manager and family, to significantly improve his quality of life.
Notable cases include:-
- achieving a £500,000.00 maximum award from the CICA for a brain injured client at a hearing after applying for a review of an initial decision to make no award, and after refusing a subsequent proposed award of £17,003.
- recovering damages of £5,692,097 for a brain injured young girl, the monies assuring her future care and accommodation needs can be met.
- JW (A Protected Party) v London United Busways Ltd – an approved £460,000 settlement for a 77 year old with pre existing cognitive and behavioural symptoms who suffered multiple injuries including moderate brain damage.
Joanne is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and the APIL Brain Injury Special Interest Group. She is also a member of the North West Acquired Brain Injury Forum which is associated to UKABIF and aims to promote the understanding of all aspects of acquired brain injury.
Joanne has appeared in the press and on radio and TV, including the Daily Mail, Manchester Evening News, Smooth Radio and BBC Radio Manchester, commenting on her some of her own notable cases and issues affecting serious injury.
Call us free on:
0800 840 4929