Running car fills apartment block with carbon monoxide
Latest Blogs by Author
Perhaps inevitably on the death of a very wealthy superstar, there has been much comment in the media on the terms of Michael Jacksons Will, details of which have already got into the public domain.
Now that the coalition between the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats has been formed and their intended policies are becoming clearer, we can form some idea of what might happen regarding inheritance tax.
It was reported this week that a 73 year old lady left her car running in a garage, causing carbon monoxide fumes to leak into several apartments above in Phoenix.
It is believed that the car may have been running for five hours, according to the lady’s husband who found her unconscious at 10pm and called 911. Meanwhile, residents had noticed something wasn’t right as some were beginning to experience unusual levels of fatigue. Fire-fighters were called as the car was discovered when neighbours noticed the gasoline smell coming from the garage.
Of the 18 people evacuated, four were taken to hospital whilst three others were treated on the scene.
Despite residents smelling gasoline, carbon monoxide is actually an odourless and colourless gas produced when solid fuels do not burn completely. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include tiredness, nausea, headaches, loss of consciousness and can lead to death.
If you have suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning and would like to speak with a specialist for free and expert advice on making a personal injury claim click here or call us free on 0800 0384 384. We are available to take your call twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
0800 840 4929